5.12.2007

Beneath the Waters!

Last year while we were swimming, my son rushed to me and told me there was a big spider at the bottom of the pool. Arching a brow and wondering first if it was a water spider of sorts, I gave a quick glance over the waters but noticed nothing. Now for one, I'm deathly afraid of spiders! Snakes, lizards, insects, etc I can handle... but not spiders for some reason.

So the adventure started. I slowly put on my goggles, as I started to itch all over (I'm sure some people know what I'm talking about here) and slowly swam to the bottom of the pool. Looking around, I didn't at first see anything. The pool was crystal clear so visibility extended from one end to the other. There was something though at the other side. I thought it was was a bunch of leaves at the bottom of the pool. As I moved closer to inspect and remove the debris, I noticed this!!! (see pictures) Needless to say I immediately lost all my air and not just swam to the surface but leaped out of the pool as if jumping over the moon!

Even though it was dead, I used the 25' pool net we have to lift it out of the water and place it 25' away from me! *laughs* After that, I carefully took some pictures... Yes, this was with my zoom lens from quite a distance as well.

So, as we're all anticipating opening pools if we have them, what's Beneath the Waters?? *cringes*

No comments: