8.15.2007

Sad but True...

I recently saw a broadcast on TV which interviewed some state folks around the rapid decline of bridges in CT and how they're in serious need of repair. The folks who were talking had some good points about how important it is for the economy and even more so for public safety and the preservation of historic landmarks.

I couldn't help but look through my archives to find pictures of some of the bridges I took that are close in the area which highlight this point even further. I believe this bridge located in Putnam, CT was even washed out or damaged during the flood of 1952. It's historic and sadly, in serious need of repair.

Sometimes looking back, it's all we have is pictures of what was once great works of art or fine establishments and structures. Keep shooting and treasure what you capture. For one day, it'll be a reflection that is left... nothing more.

Happy captures!

No comments: